Friday 12 January 2007

One day to go.

So my interview is tomorrow. I'm worried about a few things. Like what to wear, full proper suit or a little more casual in smart work clothes because it's a Saturday. I have no idea and my friends have different views.

I'm worried that as it's a group interview the shy person that sits on my shoulder and dominates me from time to time will decide that Saturday is a good time to appear. I'm not good with groups of new people. I do suffer from shyness that seems to make me incapable of saying anything even when I have something I want to say. I soon overcome it but it takes more than a day.

I'm desperately trying to remember everything I wrote on my application form so I can refer to it and develop those ideas. I'm worried I'll forget it all. I've also been brushing up on the ethos of the Fulbright Commission so I can make sure I relate my answer to it. That's not too difficult though. The founder said: “The Fulbright Commission aims to bring a little more knowledge, a little more reason, and a little more compassion into world affairs and thereby increase the chance that nations will learn at last to live in peace and friendship.” - Senator J William Fulbright. The Fulbright Commission was started in the aftermath of World War II. It promotes peace and understanding through educational exchange. Senator Fulbright believed that this would be an essential vehicle for mutual understanding between individuals, institutions and future leaders.

The interview is at 10am tomorrow and goes on until at least 3pm. There's going to be talks giving us information about everything then group discussions to explore our motivation for participating in the exchange and what we and our institutions hope to gain from the experience.

Fingers crossed it all goes well.

No comments: