Monday 22 January 2007

Letter Arrived 2

Yet another day at work. Lunch time finally arrives. I collect my lunch and head to the staffroom. Before sitting down to eat I check my pigeon hole as usual. There's a large brown envelope. Assuming it to be just the normal post I wander to the table. Glancing at the envelope I notice the British Council logo on the outside. I tell my friend in a worried voice that it's a letter from the British Council. He takes it off me to open, assuming that I don't want to do it myself. I take it back from him and take out the envelope. I read the opening line - "Many thanks for attending our selection meeting. I am pleased to inform you that you have been recommended as a candidate...". I didn't need to read anymore and announced excitedly that I was going to America!

It's still sinking in, though my friends seem very pleased for me. I should start hearing about possible matches in March.

No comments: